Music for Tenor Bass Choirs

 


I'm pleased to introduce a couple of pieces for Tenor Bass ensembles - one is for changing voice choirs at the middle school level and the other is for high school groups. I know there are lots of different paths for instruction in the fall of 2020, but whether you are physically together and socially distant or if you are working in a virtual environment, I hope you will consider these pieces for TB and TBB singers. 

Both selections are available in print and digital editions also with demo and accompaniment audio downloads. Cantate! also has Part Predominant tracks available for audio download providing excellent rehearsal tools for in-person or distance learning.

Young men like to be challenged and I hope these pieces will fit their voices and provide a creative challenge that will enliven the learning going on in your classrooms!

If you have questions, you can contact me via comments below.

Caliban's Dream - for TBB and piano

I'm happy to announce that this piece was included in Jonathan Palant's BROTHERS SING ON series for Tenor Bass voices. The text comes from Shakespeare's play “The Tempest” in which Caliban is a character who is half human and half monster. In spite of this, he nonetheless delivers the beautiful lines found in this text as if to show that all creatures are capable of knowing and expressing beauty. The music reflects this dichotomy with an energetic piano part along with contrasting vocal lines.


Cantate! - for TB and Piano

I write compositions for this level to be exactly what I want to conduct & teach. I try to have my choir’s “voice” in my mind as I compose. This piece is an energetic concert/festival piece with a short and easy-to-learn Latin text from the Psalms with additional English. The ranges are carefully crafted for adolescent voices with lots of teachable moments. Great for learning in solfège!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now available for UIL PML

NEW UIL TITLES FOR 2022-2023 by Emily Crocker